Refurbishment / Specialty Products
Mainland Coachwork are specialists in horse float and horse truck/coach alterations & fit outs, and our wide worker skill base allows our team to also produce a variety of Specialty Products. No job is too big or small for us and we proudly stand behind our guaranteed workmanship.
Horse Float & Horse Truck Refurbishments / Fit Outs
We only use quality New Zealand sourced products and work alongside subcontractors who are experts in their field. Our repair and alteration services include:
- Insurance work
- Moving internal walls
- Certified crawl through
- Authorised seatbelt installers
- Full body repairs on all Horse Trucks/Coaches and floats.
- We begin with a conception meeting – this is when you tell us what you wish for your alteration or fit out. You talk, we listen.
- After our initial consultation we will draft up a plan and send you through a written quote. We pride ourselves on being able to quote with pinpoint accuracy for your horse truck or horse float alteration. There are no hidden costs, what you see on your quote is what you will pay for (unless something out of the ordinary crops up that we need to include, don’t worry though, we’ll keep you informed if this occurs.)
- During the build process you will share in the building process with us through regular photo updates of your horse truck.
When you employ Mainland Coachwork to work on your horse float or horse truck you can be assured of open, honest communication from a team of dedicated specialists who strive to always produce work of superior quality.
This horse truck owner came to us to discuss alterations to her horse truck, after our conception meeting she liked our idea to raise living floor to create huge underfloor hay storage area.
The whole living area has been relined, we have installed new LED lighting, solar panels and batteries, a diesel heater, toilet and shower room, beauty nook with basin and mirror, fully functional kitchen and living area complete with leather seating and a sleeping quarters.
The results of this alteration are simply stunning, we think you will agree…
A Canterbury family have several ponies that are transported in a removable box body. The large size of the truck and its accompanying ramp had been frightening the ponies making it rather difficult to operate when loading the ponies on and off the horse truck.
We replaced the old tail door with a new purpose-built version that now has sides attached which swing out when loading and sit flush against the back of the ramp when closed. This provides a sense of security to the ponies. We also created a rear ladder for easy access to the hay storage area on the roof.
We are happy to announce that the client’s ponies are now calm and happy when coming on and off their horse truck.
A North Canterbury family’s horse truck had a damaged ceiling when it came to us due to a leak in the roof.
We removed all of the damaged lining, repaired all damaged joints, treated all rust spots, re-insulated the roof with new high density polystyrene, installed a new roof lining and finished off the project with some new LED strip lighting.
No more water dripping on the manes of these horses!
Specialty Products / Services
Mainland Coachwork Ltd produce a variety of specialty products including:
- Corporate Display trailers
- Gull wing field service tool boxes, custom made to your needs
- Oil Tanks
- Portable building steel floors
- Industrial Chinaman hats
- Aluminium and Stainless Steel TIG welding
- Repairs to boat props and hydraulic ram servicing.
We are also stockist of motorhome parts, awnings, water pumps, solar panels, and toilet chemicals.
You Talk, We listen.